It is time for another post in the herb box series! This time it is all about jasmine tea benefits. This weeks tea review is on the Jasmine Silky Tea Ball, so it is only right that I talk about jasmine tea benefits.
I remember being younger and always being so interested in flowers. As I got older, picking flowers turned into wearing flowers in my hair. As I discover myself more as a foodie and tea enthusiast, I still am drawn to flowers. Sometimes floral flavored desserts, edible flowers on my dessert, and of course floral tea. I absolutely love floral teas but my all time favorite floral tea is jasmine tea. There is just something about jasmine tea that draws me to it.
What is Jasmine Tea?
Jasmine tea is a jasmine blossom scented tea that typically has a black or green tea base. Jasmine tea is the most famous scented tea in China, which is where it is predominantly grown in. If you haven’t had jasmine tea then you should know that jasmine tea has a delicate, sweet flavor to it but is highly fragrant (in the most delicate way possible). It is very floral, but not a prominent, earthy floral. Have you ever walked down the street and smelled a sweet flower in the air? Jasmine tea will most likely remind you of that smell. Like the first smell of spring.
Jasmine Tea Benefits
Although jasmine tea isn’t an herb in itself, I figured it would still be nice to talk about the benefits that come from it because of the jasmine essence and the jasmine blossoms (for those fancy jasmine tea blends.)
Disclaimer: In no way, shape or form am I a professional or licensed in any health or dietary industry. I simply provide information from my own experiences and research. I can not be responsible for anything that you have done due to my recommendations.
- High in antioxidants
- Fights against diabetes
- Aromatherapy for relaxation
- Aromatherapy for happiness (for my fellow flower people)
- Helps to strengthen immune system
- Increases metabolism
My Jasmine Tea Examples
- Serenity Moon Tea’s-Jasmine Silky Tea Ball–white tea
- Taja Tea- Saffron Fusion Jasmine & Rooibos– rooibos tea (Best found in department stores like TJ Maxx)
- Rishi Tea- Peach Blossom- white tea (A jasmine white tea with peach flavor. Mentioned here)
- Tea Madame’s- Misty Cloud Jasmine- green (Mentioned here)
- 3NiTea’s- Passionfruit Potion Blooming Tea- green& white (Reviewed Here)
- 3NiTea’s- Lychee and Sunflower Blooming Tea
What is your favorite jasmine tea? Let me know in the comments so I can try it too!